So it's 2013, and I seem to be sleeping less and less these days. I'm not a big fan of New Years resolutions, as they end up seeming like ultimatums, rather than directional paths. However, I've been exploring new/different directional paths I'd like to take lately and with a nod towards New Year, I ought to write them down.
- More involvement with user experience and architecture of my work. A greater focus on product less on visuals. A visual design greatly enhances a product, but a shitty product will always be such. I love the problem solving that goes into the product puzzle.
- Engage in the proposal process. What the client wants v. what will enhance their brand and customer base. What's the story being told
- Push Boundaries
Keep an eye toward the future, not reactionary. Where is technology and social interactions headed
- Keep wearing multiple hats and work on a variety of task (I like to stay stimulated)
- Better process and structure
- Greater involvement with a vibrant and supportive community of designers
- Create more art and explore interests. Cross pollination
- Host dinner parties (once I finish building the heaviest table ever)
- Clean my apartment more regularly
Some of these things are definitely already happening (some more than others) as well as a mashup of career and personal. But hopefully, a written list will focus... at least a little bit for me to get what I want out of things. :)