What I read today - Sep 7
- VERY clever – removes the growth rings to reveal the original sapling, The Vintage News
- A PIPELINE FIGHT AND AMERICA’S DARK PAST, The New Yorker
I'm glad this has hit a national publication. FINALLY!
- The last days of Admiral's Row's stately, neglected mansions, Curbed
I've been eyeing the demotion progress during my weekly rides to Red Hook. Makes me a little sad that the city and federal government wouldn't take initiative in preserving these structures since there was debate on who was responsible.
- Tracing the History of the Neon Sign at NYC’s White Horse Tavern, Untapped Cities
I think I just might go on this tour. I'm ready for daylight savings and NEON NAIL SALONS
- The farm that runs without sun, soil or water, CNN
- Trace the evolution of high heels across 100 years, Boing boing
- FINDING THE BEST FREE FONTS FOR NUMBERS, InVision Blog
I'm confused... are they NOT teaching designers about typography these days in school. ugh.